Sunday, March 29, 2015

Best. Day. Ever.

Today we picked up my first 4-H lamb ever.  We drove 3 hours and 180 miles (one way) to pick him up. My mom worked really hard to find a place to get my 4-H lamb from- one where they are raised all-natural and fed grass. It was not easy to find one that would be big enough for our fair, my mom had to call a lot of places. We finally found the perfect place- Lava Lake Ranch in Carey, Idaho. They were so nice to us. We were wanting to buy my 4-H lamb from them and they decided they wanted to give me my first 4-H lamb for free! When we got there, they let me visit with lots of baby lambs, and Phoebe even let me hold one. The sheep foreman, Pedro, also helped me pick out a really good lamb for my 4-H project.

Here are some pictures from today!


Picking up a new lamb for the first time!      Visiting more cute babies!

 Picking out which lamb I wanted.

Pedro, my new lamb, me, and Phoebe.           Feeding my little guy a bottle for the first time!

I got a little boy lamb. We weighed him when we got home and he weighs 37 pounds. I don't have him named yet, I'm waiting for the perfect name. I also still need to find one more lamb to get, in case this one doesn't get big enough for fair, I will post more pictures of him soon!