Thursday, July 16, 2015

Getting Ready for Fair

For the last month or so my mom and grandma have taken me to another club's sheep meetings so I could get help with Showmanship and learn more about sheep. I would like to thank Claudia Brush and the Vallivue 4-H club for letting me be part of their group! I have learned a lot. I learned how to set up my lamb. How to hold him in the show ring - without a halter! EEEK! And I also had fun.


Claudia and her husband also have a big scale that everyone weighs their sheep on. I weighed 61 pounds! I got to weigh PJ three times and Ruby once. Ruby was 120 pounds a month ago- she would definitely be big enough for fair. PJ weighed 117 the first time we weighed him- I was SO relieved! The minimum weight to sell at the fair is 110 pounds. I do not want to eat my bottle baby, Pepper Jack, so I am glad that I can sell him and not have to worry about my family eating him. Someone else will! : ( But it is also good because that means we can keep Ruby and breed her- she will make some really nice grass fed and all-natural babies that we won't have to pay $200+ for.

Here is a picture of Ruby in the scale.