Friday, April 24, 2015

Blackfoot, Here I Come!

Last weekend I went to Emmett for the District Horse Oral Presentation Contest.  I was very nervous and messed up a little during my presentation, but all of my practice paid off- I got 2nd place.  My ribbon is beautiful.  Now I get to go to the state contest in July- it is in Blackfoot, Idaho.  Here is a picture of me right before the contest.


Yesterday my grandma came over and helped me give my horse a bath.  It was fun, she is a good horse.  Here is a picture of me scrubbing her.  She was very clean at first.... then she rolled in the mud today!


I have good news about the second lamb I am getting.  My uncle found her for me.  Her name is Ruby, she and her mama have only been fed grass.

This is a rhyme I made up about Ruby and Pepper Jack.

Pepper Jack and Ruby sitting in a tree.  
Wagging their tails and drinking their tea.  
What a lovely day to be drinking tea.

We will be getting Ruby the Suffolk lamb next week.  We are also getting a milk goat next week so we can stop buying milk for Pepper Jack.  The goat we are getting is a pretty white Saanen named Reba.